Expanded Metal Fence and walkway is manufactured by slitting and stretching the strands on steel plate at right angles to the plane to form a network of diamond shaped holes or known technically "knuckles" without any welding in accordance to BS 405: 1987. It allows free passage of light, water and air whilst prevention of dust and dirt accumulation.
MATERIALS of expanded metal product
Series of varieties have ordinary carbon steel plate net, stainless steel plate net, aluminum net, copper net, has galvanized the surface treatment, spray, roll equal process.
1. Steel of expanded metal sheeting
l Manufactured using carbon steel complying with BS 4360: 1986.
l Coating: hot dipped galvanized to BS EN ISO 1461: 1999 for anti-corrosion.
2. Stainless steel expanded metal
l Manufactured using SS 304 or SS 316 complying to BS 1449
l Highly corrosive environment application.
3. Aluminum expanded metal mesh
l Manufactured using high quality aluminum sheet complying with BS 1470:1987.
3. Copper expanded metal mesh
Material: phosphor bronze plate, brass plate, copper plate.
Variety: small, medium and heavy expanded metal mesh.
Opening in the shape of diamond, hexagonal or special shape.
APPLICATION of expanded metal fence and walkway
- Walkways, stair treads and platforms
- steel expanded metal window guards/grilles
- Perimeter expanded metal mesh fencing/gates
- Pedestrian walkway safety barriers
- expanded metal mesh wall reinforcement
- Security fencing/cages
- Storage expanded mesh shelves/trays
- Machinery expanded metal screen safety guards.
HOW TO ORDER of expanded metal fence and walkway
The following information should always be included when placing an expanded metal order.
1. Specify the reference number of expanded metal mesh model.
2. Specify type of expanded mesh material e.g. carbon steel, stainless steel, aluminum.
3. Specify finish of expanded metal e.g. black, hot dipped galvanized, powder coated.
4. Specify the number of expanded metal sheet needed.
5. Specify the size of expanded mesh sheet needed e.g. 1220mm LW x 2440mm SW
Part name of expanded metal products